At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
Named one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2016 and 2017 by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following opportunity in our downtown Toronto office.
CLAIMS COUNSEL - TORONTO
The Claims Counsel, reporting directly to the Vice President Claims and Corporate Counsel, will be responsible for the management of claims within the Specialty Insurance area.
With an LL.B. from a recognized university and 5 plus years of experience specializing in insurance law, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the claims process including:
- Coverage evaluation
- Setting claim reserves
- Reviewing, interpreting, negotiating and drafting agreements
- Responding to insureds, brokers and claimants
- Litigation management
- Negotiation of settlements
- Authorizing payments as required
You will also have the responsibility to investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims directly and in conjunction with internal and external counsel, claims adjusters and consultants. In addition, the Claims Counsel will act as a legal resource for Trisura’s various business units.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward thinking and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-directed work style with the ability to operate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- A passionate, participative, service oriented attitude
- LL.B. from a recognized university
- 5+ years of experience specializing in insurance law
- Membership in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- D&O, E&O and Fidelity insurance experience is a definite asset, as is in-house claims-handling
- Bilingual English/French is also an asset
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding industry, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we want to hear from you.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Montréal, Québec City, Halifax, Calgary, and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.