Commercial Broker (Complex Risks)
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International Commercial Complex Risks Practice in Toronto is currently looking for a strong Insurance Broker to act as the Account Manager on a diverse book of Commercial accounts. This role is focused on growth and retention of an established book of business. This is a dynamic role for someone with strong Commercial experience who is ready to take the next step in their career. This is an ideal role for a self-motivated commercial broker with a strong commercial risk background and client service skills.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
* Work in a team based structure to retain and grow existing portfolios.
* Supporting Account team by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
* Acts as escalation for any unresolved outstanding client premiums.
* Account business planning and forecasting.
* Providing suggestions for continuous improvements in workflows and procedures for sales and service.
* Providing effective client management support.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in all aspects of Commercial Insurance
* RIBO Licensed
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Strong organizational, time and client management skills
* Effective communication skills: verbal and written
* Strong team player and collaborator
* Proactive and customer focused
* Strong initiative and follow up skills
* Knowledge of diverse insurance policies and emerging insurance trends
* Resourceful researching skills
* Client visits with VP required for renewals.
* Experience with broker management system i.e. Epic an asset
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 26-Mar-2018
Department: Account Management & Service