Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB continues to grow and seeking a dynamic Commercial Broker to join our busy Professional Practice based in Markham, Ontario. As the Commercial Lines Account Associate you will have a great opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team of HUB professionals on an established book of business specific to Errors and Omissions Insurance Programs. Your focus will be on the retention of these accounts and their growth. If you have commercial lines insurance experience and are committed to delivering great customer service then this might be the role for you.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
Your knowledge and experience in commercial insurance combined with your attention to detail and customer service focus are the keys to success in the role of Commercial Lines Account Associate. This role is reporting to the Managing Director, Commercial Lines.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide our internal and external clients with prompt, courteous and professional service
· Timely prepare client renewal packages, policies, submissions, binders and summaries
· Analyze client coverage, exposures and loss experience to determine risk requirements
· Be responsible for cross selling, pro-actively securing quotes/terms and preparing proposals for clients
· Review policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness and finding gaps in coverage
· Independently able to perform due diligence on insurance programs for existing client and prospects as necessary
· Calculate adjustments and premiums on policies and other insurance documents;
· Prepare marketing submissions with responsibility for correspondence and negotiations with underwriters
· Have broad technical knowledge and market intelligence across a variety of industries
· Prepare detailed renewal proposals and premium comparisons for clients
· Assist in collection of Accounts Receivables while adhering to HUB International file management standards
· Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
· Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
· College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience
· RIBO License
· Minimum 5 years of experience in large and complex commercial accounts
· Professional Liability experience desired
· Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies required
· CIP Designation or in progress
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (complicated excel spreadsheets with formulas) and Outlook
· Experience on Epic or similar insurance management system
· Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision servicing clients/marketing from beginning to end.
- Candidate needs to have: strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Discipline - focused on goals
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2rabach