Commercial Lines Account Manager (Financial Institutions)
Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB’s Financial Institutions Practice is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Account Manager to join their established practice. The ideal candidate possesses experience with complex accounts, strong financial services and insurance brokering background, a track record of innovation and strong presentation skills to the C-Level. This role is focused on retaining and growing Financial Institution commercial accounts. This role offers diversity where it’s a combination of business acumen, technical insurance knowledge and consultative approach working with CFO’s, CEO’s and Board of Directors.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Effective communication with commercial clients and multinational companies.
- Understanding key participants in the financial services community (broker, dealers, portfolio managers, investment fund managers, banks, insurance companies etc.)
- Creating effective strategies to address client transactions, negotiations and ability to lead discussions.
- Discuss and perform liability exposure analysis with client CFO, CEO and Board Members.
- Working closely with the Vice President on exposure analysis: identifying exposures such as employees, shareholders, debt holders, governments, legal structure (GP/LP etc.) and allegation discussions: negligence, failure to supervise, lack of care, breach of duty, misrepresentation, harassment, and discrimination
- Coverage design/analysis: coverage triggers, definitions, exclusions, claims made treatment, and continuity
- Marketing of insurance products in existing and new opportunities
- Leading underwriter conference calls and meetings with CFOs
- Helping clients select amongst competing quotes
- Participates in formal presentations to Board or Directors and Audit Committees
- Provides feedback for the annual budget planning process
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance or related experience
- Canadian Securities course an asset
- CFA Designation in progress an asset
- RIBO Licensed or in progress within 3 months of start date
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in executive lines insurance industry
- Experience with financial concepts, investment products, SEDAR
- Computer proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, CRM experience
- Experience with executive liability insurance (D&O, E&O, Crime, EPL, Fiduciary, Cyber etc.)
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills up to the C-Level i.e. CFOs and Presidents
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Resourceful researching skills
- Analytical and strong decision making skills
- Strong knowledge of Financial Institutions products and services and trends
* Entrepreneurship- encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
* Integrity– doing things right every time
* Teamwork– working together to maximize results
* Accountability– measure and take responsibility for outcomes
* Service -serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 24-Apr-2018
Department: Account Management & Service