Commercial Lines Account Manager (Real Estate)
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International Commercial Real Estate Practice in Toronto is currently looking for a strong Insurance Broker to act as the Account Manager on a diverse book of Real Estate accounts. This role is focused on growth and retention of an established book of business. This is a dynamic role for someone with strong Associate Broker experience who is ready to take the next step in their career. This is an ideal role for a self-motivated commercial broker with a strong commercial risk background and client management skills.
This role involves interaction with diverse stakeholders including customers, finance, and other Account Managers. This is a great role to work closely with the Vice President, Real Estate and be part of a team that is consistently looking for ways to grow personally and the business! Join an entrepreneurial team!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
* Work in a team based structure to retain and grow existing portfolios.
* Supporting Account team by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
* Acts as escalation for any unresolved outstanding client premiums.
* Account business planning and forecasting.
* Establish networks and partnerships in the Real Estate space.
* Providing suggestions for continuous improvements in workflows and procedures for sales and service.
* Effective client management.
* Leveraging existing networks to build on current book of business.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in all aspects of Commercial Insurance
* RIBO License
* Knowledge of Real Estate an asset
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Strong organizational, time and client management skills
* Effective communication skills: verbal and written
* Strong team player and collaborator
* Proactive and customer focused
* Strong initiative and follow up skills
* Knowledge of diverse insurance policies and emerging insurance trends
* Resourceful researching skills
* Client visits (local) with VP required for renewals.
* Experience with broker management system i.e. Epic an asset
* Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
* Integrity – doing things right every time
* Teamwork – working together to maximize results
* Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
* Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 22-Feb-2018
Department: Account Management & Service