Perkins Professional Search has established itself as a premier provider of employment solutions, specializing in property and casualty insurance in Western Canada. Our recruitment specialists go above and beyond to assist you in finding the right position to help you reach your full career potential.
Are you currently performing in a Senior Management role in a client facing industry and are motivated to take your next corporate career step towards a COO and Shareholder role…
This distinguished client is an insurance industry leader in Canada that is innovative, cutting edge and highly client focused. They represent an impressive and diverse portfolio in P&C insurance. This brokerage has been established for generations and prides itself on cultivating the best talent in the insurance industry. Be a part of an organization that promotes career growth and continuous development so you can be at the top of your game.
This firm is seeking a Director of Commercial Services who is truly passionate and engaged about leading a commercial division towards a united set of goals. The role directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer and your first deliverable will be to consolidate 3 separate teams into a cohesive division under your leadership. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your exceptional track record as a strategic and forward thinking leader where you need to utilize your communication, tenacity, persistence, motivation and the ability to create positive moral in order to succeed.
The role you will perform:
- Supervise and manage 60-75 staff across three different departments with a focus on achieving cohesion and consistency in service levels across all teams
- Participate in strategic meetings with the executive leadership team to implement and execute business plans that are geared towards reaching service and revenue targets
- Maintain up to date on marketplace trends and competitors in order to review service plans and make changes as needed.
- Integrate any corporate acquisitions into the culture while optimizing workflows and processes
- Work alongside HR department to attract and retain top talent in the industry through a proactive talent acquisition strategy
- Exhibit and foster the organization’s values of exceptional professionalism, continuing education, and a service-focused culture
- Coach and mentor staff members in the commercial services department utilizing a positive leadership style while encouraging continuous improvement and innovative solutions
- Manage and review all commercial services programs and processes to maintain the organization’s position as an industry leader
- Supervise and provide support to the marketing team to ensure consistent, high-quality submissions are going to market
- Act as an innovator in identifying new opportunities and challenges for new products or changes to existing offerings
- Monitor performance statistics for commercial service lines team and utilizing positive leadership tactics to improve and set standards for best practices
- Maintain open communication channels at all levels in the organization, with emphasis on promoting a strong corporate culture with shared goals
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in a corporate environment ( P&C background would be an asset)
- The ability to be a strong and positive influencer is critical
- Strategic and thinker who can identify opportunities and challenges in the insurance market place
- Exceptional communication, mentoring and coaching skills are extremely critical
- Strong desire to succeed in a collaborative and team-focused office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- MBA, FCIP or other equivalent post-secondary required
- Act as a role model in order to set standards of professionalism and ethics
- An ongoing commitment to professional development
- A progressively complex background in a customer service focused industry
- A passion for communication and networking within the local community
- A proven track record in a senior leadership role focused on positivity, continuous learning, and teamwork.
If you are interested in more details please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a call!