Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an Insurance Commission Administrator to join the Insurance & Estate Planning division located in Burnaby, British Columbia. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
You will process individual life insurance commissions, respond to commission based inquiries from key stakeholders, and provide support and assistance to complete assigned tasks and projects consistent with department policy guidelines and procedures.
Specifically you will:
• Review and verify insurance commission data;
• Transcribe data to worksheets and amend as needed for use in posting commissions and adjustments;
• Reconcile commission statements, allocations, and resolve any problems;
• Create and maintain commission records and files in back office system;
• Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly commission reports;
• Act as insurance commission liaison to branch managers, financial advisors, and management, including handling basic inquiries;
• Provide training support to advisors on a needs basis;
• Develop, document and maintain commission administration policies and procedures for the department;
• Serve as back-up for other Insurance Administrators by assisting with data entry, complex phone inquiries and other departmental duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Postsecondary education;
• Minimum of four year’s related experience in payroll or commissions or related experience;
• Industry experience is an asset particulalry knowledge of financial services and/or life insurance;
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel features (i.e. macros, pivots, lookup functions, data tables etc.);
• Strong knowledge of additional Microsoft Office applications;.
• The ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcilediscrepancies, distill high-level information into details, and resolve problems;
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal associates, and external business partners;
• Ability to handle confidential issues with diplomacy;
• Written and spoken French is an asset.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting #17-087 by May 22, 2017 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
2100 – 925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver BC V6C 3L2
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.