At Cowan, we believe our employees make the difference. That’s why we provide a professional, motivating, team environment where contributions are valued. This belief, supported by an entrepreneurial culture, has helped build a company with a strong history and an exciting future.
The Manager, Sales Support contributes to the achievement of the overall business objectives by planning and coordinating the sales support activities across the organization (all lines of business, branches, and segments).
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, this role is accountable for the development and execution of sales techniques/tools and the reporting required to ensure that lines, branches, and segments are operating within a common framework for the measurement of progress. The incumbent is required to analyze and develop strategies to address gaps in sales plans, and adapt processes and tools by segment and line of business to suit their needs while providing consistency of design across the organization. Responsible for the development and delivery of sales analysis, forecasting and reporting in conjunction with Corporate Finance.
Job Details: This individual will lead the sales support function, including CRM, while working with the Director of Marketing and Communications to:
- Works collaboratively with the Director, Marketing & Communications and VP, Business Development to develop and execute integrated sales and marketing plans
- Cultivate a consistent sales experience for Cowan Insurance Group including the development of sales tools, pipeline management, sales communications, RFP responses, and renewal packages for multi-line clients the development and maintenance of sales tools and renewal packages for multi line clients
- Identifies and provides direction as to where sales efforts should be focused by sizing opportunity, providing appropriate market research, and understanding customer buying behaviours
- Manages producer sales funnels in a consistent fashion across all lines of business
- Facilitates sales training, quarterly sales meetings and “lunch-n-learns” for all sales and support staff
- Manages lead generation process, campaigns, and vendors
- Utilizes of market research data to help identify market/sales opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role in P & C Insurance and/or Life Insurance and/or Benefits Consulting with demonstrated success
- 5+years sales management experience
- In depth understanding of the Sales process for insurance/benefits sales staff including funnel management and reporting
- Knowledge of CRM principles
- RIBO License (or ability to obtain)
- University degree, College Diploma or equivalent preferred
- CIP/CAIB designation or working towards an asset
- High-energy, self-starter with strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Strong ability to motivate and lead people
- Ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM systems.
What We Value and What it Means to You
Innovation · Commitment · Integrity · Collaboration · Client-Focus · Results-Driven
At Cowan, we believe that delivering on our values sets us apart. They guide how we interact with clients, business partners, our employees and in the communities where we do business.
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 430 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. Cowan subsidiary companies include The Williamson Group, Wentworth Financial Services, Cowan Financial Solutions and Millennium CreditRisk Management. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.