About HUB International
HUB International is a global insurance brokerage providing property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 8th among the world’s largest insurance brokers, the company has done over 400 acquisitions to date, ranging in revenues up to $100 million and has over 450 offices and 11,000 employees across North American. The company is headquartered in Chicago and is currently owned by Hellman & Friedman. HUB prides itself on its entrepreneurial spirit, which continues to be evident in the way it does business. HUB’s decentralized structure allows the company to be proactive in addressing local market needs while centrally managing the growth of the business with consistent standards. In addition, the company has a broad arrange of products and services, the benefits of scale and resources, and a committed and experienced management team.
The Payroll Administrator will be assigned multiple pay groups and will have overall responsibility for maintaining the employee information and processing all pay records for those pay groups.
Full cycle payroll processing:
* Complete new hire processing into payroll, verify and approve all entries from HR and Benefits, enter payroll-only deductions and direct deposits, set up employee information for electronic time-sheet, calculate pay for first payroll.
* Update and approve employee information as needed, including TD1 changes, payroll only deductions, and direct deposits.
* Set up garnishments and support orders, calculate and submit retroactive pay changes, update additional earnings fields, maintain and update benefit accruals.
* Process payroll input for hours of work either by Excel import or via time and attendance system (Kronos) import
* Process payroll input for commission employees via Excel import
* Audit payroll input from all sources and perform audit of peers’ payroll input prior to payroll sign off
* Process terminated employees, including cancellation of automatic pay, terminating employee in payroll system, calculating final pay based on date, termination reason, and company policy.
* Maintain and update garnishment payees, department codes, job title codes, accrual codes, office locations, etc.
* Assist employees and supervisors in using the timekeeping system and in accessing electronic check copies and T4’s, assist employees with questions related to their pay and benefit accruals.
* High school diploma is required. CPA designation a plus.
* Minimum two to five years of experience in full cycle payroll processing and taxation. Multi-province payroll experience helpful.
* Payroll systems experience (Ceridian, Workday, ADP) Time and attendance system experience a plus (e.g. Kronos)
* Excellent PC skills, especially MS Excel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong math and analytical skills
* Ability to work with highly confidential information and use discretion
* Ability to work on a team that performs at a high level
* Ability to use diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations
* Exhibits positive attitude and grace under pressure
Location: Canada, Ontario, Oakville
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 3-Apr-2018
Department: Human Resources