At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
Named one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2016 and 2017 by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following opportunity in our Toronto office:
PROPERTY & CASUALTY PRODUCT LEADER - TORONTO
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Specialty Insurance Solutions, the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic leadership, underwriting direction, product roll out, management, and growth of the Property & Casualty portfolio in Canada. The role will be responsible for managing an underwriting team as the book develops.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and self-motivated, with in-depth knowledge of the product line and the drive to bring it to market.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated approach
- Passion for excellence
- Solid interpersonal skills and proven ability to work within a team environment
- Exemplary communication with a focus on customer service as a key deliverable
- The capacity to foster new business opportunities through relationships
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to think analytically, conceptually, and systematically in order to resolve problems quickly and accurately
- A capacity to synthesize information and implement solutions exercising flexibility and sound judgment
- Strong execution and planning skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Successful track record in developing and maintaining a book of CGL accounts
The successful applicant will have full responsibility for the development and execution of the Property & Casualty product line nationally.
- In conjunction with the SVP and the management team, define the national Property & Casualty product strategy and roadmap
- Develop a short and long term national business plan for the Property & Casualty product line
- Ensure line of business results are aligned with corporate strategic priorities
- Review the development of submission flow and portfolio of business against the long and short term plan
- Ensure that profitability targets are met by monitoring product profitability across all regions
Create underwriting frameworks, guidelines, policies, and tools to ensure profitable underwriting results.
- In collaboration with the underwriting team, ensure that policy frameworks are being applied consistently across all regions
- Develop and implement tools that ensure consistent application of the framework, including systems enhancements
- Conduct underwriting audits
- In conjunction with others in the underwriting team, develop training programs that support the development of underwriting skills
- Develop technical skills of the underwriting team through the identification of training needs and development and delivery of technical training
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary education in business insurance, business, or marketing
- Completion of CIP/FCIP designation
- Minimum 10 years’ experience underwriting Property & CGL product lines
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding company, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we want to hear from you.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Montréal, Québec City, Halifax, Calgary, and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.