At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2016 and 2017 by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Profit 500 list and out entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our dedicated, forward thinking group of Specialty Insurance underwriters in our Toronto office.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER / TEAM LEAD, SPECIALTY LINES - TORONTO
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and grow Trisura’s Professional Liability portfolio in Central Canada by building and fostering relationships with new and existing broker clients, and working with Trisura’s team of specialty underwriters.
The ideal candidate for this role is collaborative and self-motivated, with in-depth knowledge of the product lines and the drive to bring them to market. Specifically, you will be responsible for both marketing and underwriting our suite of Specialty Insurance Solutions products including Professional Liability (miscellaneous, technology, cyber, and media) and Business office package policies, and you will take on a leadership role within the Specialty Insurance team.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated approach
- Passion for excellence
- Solid interpersonal skills and proven ability to work within a team environment
- Exemplary communication with a focus on customer service as a key deliverable
- The capacity to foster new business opportunities through relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- An innovative mindset for delivering thorough solutions
- A successful track record in developing and maintaining a book of Professional Liability accounts
- Representing our Specialty Insurance Solutions team across Ontario and Manitoba
- Marketing and sourcing new business opportunities
- Managing and building a portfolio of Specialty Insurance accounts specifically in Professional Liability
- Establishing and maintaining broker relationships
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to the underwriting team
- Conducting underwriting audits and working with the team to ensure consistency in underwriting
- Bachelor Degree or post-secondary education in business, communication, marketing, or insurance preferred
- 6+ years experience underwriting specialty lines (E&O, Technology, Cyber, and Media policies preferred)
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding industry, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we want to hear from you.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please access this link to apply: https://trisura.workable.com/j/2BF056D036