As part of the Markel Underwriting Support Team you will provide a dedicated support service to the business working in our Calgary office. The primary focus is to provide a timely and high quality service to the Vancouver and Calgary underwriting teams, processing all forms of business.
- Handles renewal lists (pull, send, etc.)
- Data entry of new business – in priority situations and overflow from National team if required
- Interface with Finance (A/R) and Claims
- Pre-populates RCF, worksheets
- Checks/issues COI, declarations
- Abeyance broker requests, broker of record changes (abeyances for followups and the letters for premium financed accounts can remain in national support team)
- Controls/coordinates inspection requests and receipts and confirmation of controls in place for costs associated and payables
- Support of Core System Replacement project
Post-secondary education or relevant experience
Detail oriented and ability to prioritize
Sound and proven problem solving skills
Ability to work independently
Proficient computer skills
- Team player approach in a changing environment
Working toward completion of CIP an asset
Markel is committed to a barrier free work environment and to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Company will work with all potential candidates during the screening and interview process to meet any specific needs.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume by, August 20, 2017 to:
Attention: VP, Western Region
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.